Windows PowerShell Cookbook 3rd edition
The popular PowerShell Cookbook, by Lee Holmes, has reached its 3rd edition and is updated for PowerShell 3.0. The book has not yet been released and is available for pre-order.
Do you know how to use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem and manage files and folders? Or how to retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 400 task-oriented recipes to help you solve the most complex and pressing problems, and includes more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts that intermediate to advanced system administrators can copy and use immediately.
You’ll find hands-on tutorials on fundamentals, common tasks, and administrative jobs that you can apply whether you’re on the client or server version of Windows. You also get quick references to technologies used in conjunction with PowerShell, including format specifiers and frequently referenced registry keys to selected .NET, COM, and WMI classes.
- Learn how to use the version of PowerShell on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Tour PowerShell’s core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and ubiquitous scripting
- Master fundamentals such as the interactive shell and fundamental pipeline and object concepts
- Perform common tasks that involve working with files, Internet-connected scripts, user interaction, and more
- Solve tasks in systems and enterprise management, such as working with Active Directory and the filesystem